Ramona Faith Oswald joined the University of Illinois faculty in 1998 and became a professor in 2001. She is a recognized leader in LGBT family life; she founded and co-chaired (1998-2003) the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Straight Alliance Focusgroup.
Women in History
- Reshma Saujani graduated from the University of Illinois in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Speech Communication. She was the founder of the organization Girls Who Code, started in 2012.
- Grentz joined the University of Illinois coaching staff in 1995, becoming the Head Coach for the Women’s Basketball team.
- Nancy Abelmann joined the University of Illinois faculty in 1990, and was a scholar in Anthropology, Asian American Studies, East Asian Languages and Cultures, and Gender and Women’s Studies.
- Maimouna Barro received her M.A. in African Studies in 1997 and her PhD in Education with a minor in Gender Relations in International Development (GRID) in 2005, both from the University of Illinois.
- Burton became a Professor in the History Department at the University of Illinois in 2001. She has been a Catherine C. and Bruce A. Bastian Professor of Global and Transnational Studies since 2004, and became the Director of the Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities in 2016.