Irene Tinker, a pioneer in the field of women in international development, discussed and promoted the importance and need of leadership skills in women within non-governmental and grassroots organizations nearly a decade ago.
- In honor of Rita and Arnold Goodman, their children, David, Andrew and Norman continued their parents legacy by creating a fellowship to support graduate students within the fields of women, gender, and international development
- Barbara Yates, WGGP founding director, created the Barbara A. Yates Graduate Fellowship to give annual financial support (tuition and fee waivers) for a student in the Gender Relations in International Development minor.
- Kathleen ‘Kate’ Cloud was an Associate Professor of Human and Community Development, Agricultural Economics and Women’s Studies.
- The Honorable Mary Robinson (former President of Ireland) standing at the I Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom on March 10, 2016, giving a talk on Climate Change and Its Impact: Risks and Inequalities.
- 1970 photo of Rita Goodman with Canadian Prime Minister Lester Pierson.
- Our first founding director, Barbara Yates, standing in front of the beautiful California ocean. For more information about Yates and her accomplishments, go to https://will.illinois.edu/news/story/barbara-yates-remembered-as-vibrant-warm
- Retrospective of events and people these past 40 years This year we will feature “Throwback Thursday,” offering a retrospective of events and people these past 40 years. Stay tuned for weekly updates.