Annie Contractor, MS in Urban and Regional Planning, is the Exec Director of Africa's Tomorrow and CEO of Workplace Equity Partners. Come hear her speak at the WGGP 40th Anniversary on March 26th.
- WGGP Alumna, Jackline Madegwa, lunchtime performance for the WGGP 30thAnniversary.
- Founding director, Barbara Yates, and Robin Fossum catching some waves and fish on a beautiful boat ride.
- From March 17th-March 19th, 2004, the WGGP hosted a symposium presenting on crucial topics relating to the Gender/Human security within Latinx immigrants.
- A recipient of the Rita and Arnold Goodman Fellowship, Zakia Salime and David Goodman pose for a picture together in honor of Salime’s research on the challenges of simplistic formulations of the relationships between various feminisms and religions in the Arab world.
- Barbara Yates, WGGP founding director, created the Barbara A. Yates Graduate Fellowship to give financial support for students in the GRID minor.
- Varsha Venugopal was the first recipient for the Barbara A. Yates International Research Award in 2002! Her research was on gender empowerment in Harisiddhi village in the backdrop of decentralization process in Nepal.
- From an October, 2000 WGGP Program video, alumni Hyun Eun Choi talked specifically about the impact of education in shaping women’s identity, especially within Korean education.
- Irene Tinker, a pioneer in the field of women in international development, discussed and promoted the importance and need of leadership skills in women within non-governmental and grassroots organizations nearly a decade ago.
- In honor of Rita and Arnold Goodman, their children, David, Andrew and Norman continued their parents legacy by creating a fellowship to support graduate students within the fields of women, gender, and international development
- Barbara Yates, WGGP founding director, created the Barbara A. Yates Graduate Fellowship to give annual financial support (tuition and fee waivers) for a student in the Gender Relations in International Development minor.
- Kathleen ‘Kate’ Cloud was an Associate Professor of Human and Community Development, Agricultural Economics and Women’s Studies.
- The Honorable Mary Robinson (former President of Ireland) standing at the I Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom on March 10, 2016, giving a talk on Climate Change and Its Impact: Risks and Inequalities.
- 1970 photo of Rita Goodman with Canadian Prime Minister Lester Pierson.
- Our first founding director, Barbara Yates, standing in front of the beautiful California ocean. For more information about Yates and her accomplishments, go to https://will.illinois.edu/news/story/barbara-yates-remembered-as-vibrant-warm
- Retrospective of events and people these past 40 years This year we will feature “Throwback Thursday,” offering a retrospective of events and people these past 40 years. Stay tuned for weekly updates.